Tuesday 7 June 2011

Abbreviation - Meaning


404 - I don't know
A3 - Anytime, anywhere, anyplace
AAP - Always a pleasure
AAR - At any rate
AAS - Alive and smiling
ADD - Address
ADN - Any day now
AEAP - As early as possible
AFAIK - As far as I know
AFK - Away from keyboard
AISB - As it should be
AKA - Also known as
AML - All my love
AOTA - All of the above
ASAP - As soon as possible
A/S/L - Age/sex/location
ASL - Age/sex/location
AT - At your terminal
ATM - At the moment
AYEC - At your earliest convenience
AYOR - At your own risk
B/F - Boyfriend
B4 - Before
B4N - Bye for now
BAK - Back at keyboard
BAU - Business as usual
BBIAF - Be back in a few
BBIAM - Be back in a minute
BBL - Be back later
BBS - Be back soon
BC - Because
BCNU - Be seein' you
BF - Best friend
BFN - Bye for now
BG - Big grin
BGWM - Be gentle with me
BFG - Big f***ing grin
BLNT - Better luck next time
BM&Y - Between me and you
BOL - Best of luck
BRB - Be right back
BRT - Be right there
BTA - But then again
BTDT - Been there, done that
BTW - By the way
CMIIW - Correct me if I'm wrong
CMON - Come on
COB - Close of business
COS - Because
CR8 - Create
CRB - Come right back
CRBT - Crying really big tears
CU - See you
CUA - See you around
CUL - See you later
CUL8R - See you later
CWYL - Chat with you later
CYA - See ya
CYO - See you online
D/L - Download
DL - Download
DEGT - Don't even go there
DIKU - Do I know you?
DQMOT - Don't quote me on this
DTS - Don't think so
DV8 - Deviate
EBKAC - Error between keyboard and chair
EG - Evil grin
EMA - E-mail address
EMFBI - Excuse me for butting in
EOD - End of day
EOM - End of message
EZY - Easy
F2F - Face to face
F2T - Free to talk
FBM - Fine by me
FC - Fingers crossed
FICCL - Frankly I couldn't care a less
FISH - First in, still here
FOMCL - Falling off my chair laughing
FITB - Fill in the blank
FRT - For real though
FWIW - For what it's worth
FYEO - For your eyes only
FYI - For your information
G - Grin
G/F - Girlfriend
G2CU - Good to see you
G2G - Got to go
G2R - Got to run
G9 - Genius
GA - Go ahead
GAL - Get a life
GB - Goodbye
GBU - God bless you
GDR - Grinning, ducking, and running
GD/R - Grinning, ducking, and running
GFI - Go for it
GG - Gotta Go or Good Game
GIAR - Give it a rest
GIGO - Garbage in, garbage out
GL - Good luck
GL/HF - Good luck, have fun
GLNG - Good luck next game
GMTA - Great minds think alike
GOI - Get over it
GOL - Giggling out loud
GR8 - Great
GR&D - Grinning, running and ducking
GT - Good try
GTG - Got to go
GTRM - Going to read mail
H&K - Hugs & kisses
H2CUS - Hope to see you soon
H8 - Hate
HAGN - Have a good night
HAGO - Have a good one
HAND - Have a nice day
HF - Have fun
HHIS - Head hanging in shame
HOAS - Hold on a second
HRU - How are you?
HTH - Hope this helps
HV - Have
IAC - In any case
IANAL - I am not a lawyer
IB - I'm back
IC - I see
ICBW - It could be worse
IDK - I don't know
IDTS - I don't think so
IDUNNO - I don't know
IG2R - I got to run
IIRC - If I remember correctly
ILBL8 - I'll be late
ILU - I love you
ILY - I love you
IM - Instant message
IMHO - In my humble opinion
IMNSHO - In my not so humble opinion
IMO - In my opinion
IMS - I am sorry
INAL - I'm not a lawyer
IOW - In other words
IRL - In real life
IRMC - I rest my case
IUSS - If you say so
IYKWIM - If you know what I mean
IYO - In your opinion
IYSS - If you say so
j00r - Your
JAC - Just a sec
JIC - Just in case
JJA - Just joking around
JK - Just kidding
JMO - Just my opinion
JP - Just playing
k/b - keyboard
KISS - Keep it simple, stupid
KIT - Keep in touch
KOTC - Kiss on the cheek
KOTL - Kiss on the lips
KNIM - Know what I mean?
l33t - leet "elite"
L8R - Later
LD - Later, dude / Long distance
LERK - leaving easy reach of keyboard
LMAO - Laughing my a** off
LOL - Laughing out loud
LTM - Laugh to myself
LTNS - Long time no see
LYLAS - Love you like a sis
M8 - Mate
MFI - Mad for it
MorF - Male or female?
MoS - Mother over shoulder
MSG - Message
MTF - More to follow
MTFBWU - May the force be with you
MUSM - Miss you so much
MYOB - Mind your own business
n00b - Newbie
N1 - Nice one
NBD - No big deal
NE - Any
NE1 - Anyone
NFM - None for me / Not for me
NIMBY - Not in my back yard
NLT - No later than
NM - Nothing much / Never mind
NMH - Not much here
NO1 - No one
NOYB - None of your business
NP - No problem
NRN - No response/reply necessary
NSTAAFL - No such thing as a free lunch
NVM - Never mind
NW - No way
NW) - No way out
OIC - Oh, I see
OMG - Oh my God
OMW - On my way
OO - Over and out
OOH - Out of here
OOTD - One of these days
OP - On phone
OTB - Off to bed
OTL - Out to lunch
OTOH - On the other hand
OTT - Over the top
OTTOMH - Off the top of my head
OTW - Off to work
OVA - Over
PCM - Please call me
PDQ - Pretty darn quick
PLMK - Please let me know
PLS - Please
PLZ - Please
PM - Private Message
PMFI - Pardon me for interrupting
PMFJI - Pardon me for jumping in
POAHF - Put on a happy face
POS - Parent over shoulder
PPL - People
PROLLY - Probably
PRT - Party
PRW - People/parents are watching
PTL - Praise the Lord
PTMM - Please tell me more
PXT - Please explain that
PU - That stinks!
Q - Queue
QIK - Quick
QT - Cutie
RL - Real life
RME - Rolling my eyes
ROFL - Rolling on floor laughing
ROTFL - Rolling on the floor laughing
RSN - Real soon now
RTFM - Read the f***ing manual
RUOK - Are you okay?
SAL - Such a laugh
SC - Stay cool
SETE - Smiling Ear-to-Ear
SICNR - Sorry, I could not resist
SIG2R - Sorry, I got to run
SIS - Snickering in silence
SIT - Stay in touch
SLAP - Sounds like a plan
SMHID - Scratching my head in disbelief
SNAFU - Situation normal all fouled up
SO - Significant other
SOL - Sooner or later
SOMY - Sick of me yet?
SOTMG - Short of time, must go
SPK - Speak
SPST - Same place, same time
SRY - Sorry
SS - So sorry
SSDD - Same stuff, different day
SSINF - So stupid it's not funny
STR8 - Straight
STW - Search the Web
SUITM - See you in the morning
SUL - See you later
SUP - What's up?
SYL - See you later
T+ - Think positive
TA - Thanks a lot
TAFN - That's all for now
TAM - Tomorrow a.m.
TBD - To be determined
TBH - To be honest
TC - Take care
TGIF - Thank God it's Friday
THX - Thanks
THNX - Thanks
THNQ - Thank-you
TIA - Thanks in advance
TIAD - Tomorrow is another day
TLK2UL8R - Talk to you later
TMB - Text me back
TMI - Too much information
TMOT - Trust me on this
TMWFI - Take my word for it
TPM - Tomorrow p.m.
TPTB - The powers that be
TSTB - The sooner, the better
TTFN - Ta ta for now
TTTT - These things take time
TTYL - Talk to you later
TTYS - Talk to you soon
TU - Thank you
TY - Thank you
TYT - Take your time
TYVM - Thank you very much
UGTBK - You've got to be kidding
UKTR - You know that's right
UL - Upload
UR - Your / You're
UV - Unpleasant visual
UW - You're welcome
WAM - Wait a minute
WAN2TLK - Want to talk
WAYF - Where are you from?
W/B - Write back
WB - Welcome back
WIIFM - What's in it for me?
WK - Week
WKD - Weekend
WOMBAT - Waste of money, brains and time
WRK - Work
WRUD - What are you doing?
WTF - What the f*ck
WTG - Way to go
WTH - What the heck?
WU? - What's up?
WUCIWUG - What you see is what you get
WUF? - Where are you from?
WWJD - What would Jesus do?
WWYC - Write when you can
WYLEI - When you least expect it
WYSIWYG - What you see is what you get
X - Kiss
XLNT - Excellent
YA - Your
YBS - You'll be sorry
YGBKM - You've got to be kidding me
YKWYCD - You know what you can do
YMMV - Your mileage may vary
YR - Your
YW - You're welcome
ZZZZ - Sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment